Happy Thanksgiving to all! And to all....leftovers for a weekend too! :)
Really tho, I thought about it the other night, and yes, I am truly Thankful for a lot in my life.
The girls ( who bring fun and laughter and tears and frustration to life and I wouldn't miss a moment of it)...the hubby ( probably the only man that could put up living with me...and me him!)...my parents ( who I am lucky enough to still have around and get to actually enjoy time with )...brother and his family..Hubbys family.....Friends too.
The basics as well. A job....home, food, a chance to go out and do some fun stuff too.....
But there are a few other things I am thankful for this year:
1. That the Longhorn BBQ will smoke / cook your turkey for you for just a dollar or so a pound. Bless you. You are likely keeping me and my family out of the ER this weekend.
2. Washington wine growers. As I have since the Thanksgiving before my wedding, which was just 2 days later, as I watched my Mom totally freaking out about not having enough food to feed the 30 some people at our house for Thanksgiving that year, I volunteered to eat less...and drink more wine instead so that others could eat. I have kinda continued that tradition over the years.
3. I am grateful that no one else in my home likes green beans, or therefore green bean cassarole. Cuz this year, that sucker is all mine!!! ( and sadly, being made more "healthy" pah...)
4. I am grateful for the day off. Seems rather silly and simple, but with all the stores going all black friday on thursday...lots of people will be working on Thanksgiving day. I am looking forward to being in the kitchen most of the morning cooking away the sides for the dinner and watching season after season on DVD of Big Bang Theory. I swear I will cook anything as long as that show is on to entertain me. Food might not be awesome....but I was entertained!
5. Thankful for it all. Really. Life is crazy, messed up, mean, happy, silly, stressful, frustrating and never the same.....and its good. The rollercoaster of life might not always be fun...definatley brings the ups and the downs....but if you can take time now and then to enjoy...or appreciate at least...the ride....then you get it. You know that the simple things are best....its the people in your life that matter most...and that things will generally work out.