I feel for you guys. Its hard to shop for the ladies!! :)
I admit it. For a few years, I had a standard birthday gift from my hubby...frames, vanilla lotion, book....things he knew I would like and use. Safe. Last year I said that I wanted the gift of shopping and he got a hall pass on it...I bought myself gifts. ANd it was just fine.
But the holidays are tough. Both of us were at a loss as to what to get each other, so we got ourselves a "couples" gift...bought a tablet we can both use. But still....for the guys still having to buy real presents for under the tree....oooohhhh boy!!
I read an article this morning all about what to and what NOT to give. Well, more the top things to NOT give a woman:
1. Appliances. ( unless specifically requested by her) I can see that. Most wouldn't want a blender or toaster under the tree. But sadly, I have asked for and recieved appliances in the past and been very happy with it.
2. Clothes. ( including lingerie) Ok, this one...unless they know EXACTLY what you want....it is best to avoid this one. I think I still have a sweater or two the hubby bought me that have yet to be worn.... ( don't tell him!)
3. A framed picture of YOU. Ok, yeah...this one is dumb. I would likely just laugh hysterically if he gave me a picture of HIM. Uh, I see you everyday...got it!
4. Self IMprovement. ( unless specifically asked for) Probably best to not give a diet book...or a how to handle menopause book to your woman for the holidays....altho last year I did recieve a work out matt...BEST thing ever!!!
5. Anything not exchangeable. Makes sense. Don't buy her gift on the close out rack...or from a holiday only pop up store. Kinda tacky. Altho I am not real big on returning things myself....its a hassle. I would be more inclined to just hold on to it and re-gift it the following year. ( watch out...we are starting one of those fun, silly gift exchanges at my house this year!!! WHo knows what you'll get!!)
But really as I went thru the article, all I could think of was....gee, I think I have actually gotten some of those AS gifts...and actually liked them too.
Hmm, maybe I am not as hard to buy for??? Naw, I am!