And I am wearing the appropriate color today...Black! :) Its a hold out from my single days....but I still enjoy it!
Here are a few fun little facts ( kinda!) about Valentines day!
1) Cupid was associated with Valentine’s Day because he was the son of Venus, the Roman god of love and beaty (So that’s who he is! But doesn't fully explain his lack of clothing..... )
2) 73% of American men buy flowers on Valentines Day ( and the rest of them better have a really really good excuse! hahahaha)
3) 15% of US women send flowers to themselves! ( I haven't ever done this...bought them for myself to have at home...yes...and they were on sale!)
4) Penicillin, a popular treatment for venereal diseases was introduced on February 14, 1929. (How romantic!)
5) Some people used to believe that if a woman saw a robin flying overhead on Valentine’s Day, it meant she would marry a sailor. If she saw a sparrow, she would marry a poor man and be very happy. If she saw a goldfinch, she would marry a millionaire. ( guess I know which bird flew in front of me...hint - not a goldfinch!)
6) More than nine million pet owners are expected to buy gifts for their pets this Valentine’s Day. ( sadly, Polly our cat is not getting anything today but food and shelter....don't tell her!)
8) Rob Thomas the lead singer of Matchbox Twenty was born on Valentine’s Day in 1972. ( think he ever got a box of chocolates for his bday??)
9) The city in Italy where Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters every year sent to Juliet on Valentine’s Day. Do people not realize that Romeo and Juliet aren’t real? Nevermind...these people are still sending letters!